Commercial Development Committee
April 28, 2020
- Alisa Simmons-Rhone, Jane Buccheri, Christine Simmons-Rhone, Bill Freeman, Octavia Robinson, Ashley Watson, Keith Robinson, Kenneth Watson
Approval of February Minutes
- Jane first, Bill second
- West Baltimore St
- Nicole Orr new subcommittee chair, business owner of A&C Pack and Ship, and local developer
- Kiamani “Keith” Robinson is new W Baltimore St Manager (email@example.com)
- Decision to continue investigation of pop-up locations: 1141 W Baltimore was paused for consideration; 1041 W Baltimore was favored for further investigation as a beginning point for pop-up program.
- Alisa from Bikkle requested an invitation to Michael, Kelleigh (SWP President), and Khandra (SWP Governance) to the next West Baltimore St. subcommittee meeting on May 11.
- 1515 W Baltimore is mostly bricked up, awaiting order of windows
- No new applications approved yet, but a couple in pipeline
- 1317 W Baltimore Street
- SWP has officially moved in
- SWP has provided a Letter of Intent for lease to own arrangement for the property to Bikkle restaurant
- Bikkle received unanimous, overwhelming support from Union Square and Franklin Square associations and the commercial development committee in 2019, as required by SWP.
- 1500 W Baltimore St
- Tony provided updates on projects. Mostly in a holding pattern due to COVID-19
- Lord Baltimore – Visioning Day
- Tony recapped results of Visioning Day. Michael will bring concepts before Committee, Board and other stakeholders for review and feedback before fundraising
- Jane mentioned idea of having computerized multi-purpose space
Adjournment: first Jane, then Frieda